Do you volunteer at your child's school?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 3:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes. I go to the classroom and the parents all can sign up to read books to the class every so often, so I do that. I also help out with the various festivals. This last fall we had one and I did the face painting and nail polish booth.

Answer by gemgem at 4:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes, I am my daughters room mom.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I should, but we don't get the month's notice that I need in order to get the day off of work. I hopefully will get more notice next year (kindergarten)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I do, several days a week. Usually not all day, but today was an all day event. First we went on a field trip, when we got back i had to run the register at the Book Fair. I go in to my son's class two afternoons a week and my daughter's class just one afternoon a week.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• DS is in K. I went on the field trip in the fall, helped at the 100 Days party the other day, & the Christmas party. I told his teacher at the beginning of the school year that I'm available anytime, since I'm a SAHM, ds is my only kid, & I live 2 minutes away from the school. She asks me to come in a few times a month to do stuff like tear pages out of work books &sort them, cut things, etc....simple tasks, but it's hard for her as she is older (60-ish) and has arthritis (according to another teacher who saw me helping and was telling me how great it was). I help the librarian each Tuesday during ds's library class. A few other moms are always at library, too...we read the story, help shelve the books, help the kids find books, check them out, check books in, etc. I really like it...it's been great to get to know the teacher, kids and some of the other parents.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 10:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I do and have a lot-- several times/week.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:06 AM on Feb. 13, 2011