Does your child have a game/learning system?

My sister wants to get my 3-year-old a V motion smiles, says ages 3-7. I'd prefer a more portable system, but I have NO idea which are better.

What is your experience with handhelds or systems that hook up to a TV (or both)?

Thanks.

JZ10FPM

Asked by JZ10FPM at 3:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My Ds loved his leapfrog. There was a ton of learning games and he could bring it grocery shopping or where ever. He got a nintendo ds this x-mas, so he's onto that now. But, he really enjoyed the leapfrog.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Opps, Im sorry I think it's called a "leapster".
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We have V Smile for my dd and my grandkids, they really like it. Now my dd is 6 so she is more into other systems like ps3 and the xbox because she likes doing the dance and singing games lol. I never did handhelds when they were under 5 because I didnt feel they were old enough not to forget it somewhere while we were out or to drop it and break it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My son has the Leapster Explorer. He loves it!

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My ds has a few. He has the v smiles which he never uses, another one for the tv that hasn't even been set up bc he won't play with the other one. He plays on him mobiego a lot and on his iPod touch. He also got a leapster for Christmas, but we haven't opened it bc of all the other ones he has, plus it looked harder in store.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• They both love the leapster 2.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We have a v smile motion and a mobigo and he seems to like the mobigo more
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My 3-year-old has a Vtech Mobigo. I like it because it's sturdy (has survived many drops) and a physical keyboard that slides out. One reason I chose it over the Leapster Explorer is that the system and games are less expensive. (Explorer has more games, but so my son has been happy with the 3 he has: Toy Story, Mickey Mouse, and the included game cartridge.)

He also plays with my old Nintendo DS. He plays Dora and Diego games on that, as well as another game called "Smart Boy's Game Room".
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 8:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My son has the Leapster and loves it. His best friend used to come over just so he could play on it so his mom finally got him one for Christmas. They trade games all the time. They are some great games that are really educational.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My DD loves her Leapster 2. She also enjoys her TAG books, and the many online sites with free educational games.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2011