What do u do if an animal ( cat ) pee's on your furnature.?

my oldest cat every so offten pees on our couch i have been cleaning it the best i can but there will still be a stain. any idea how to fully clean the spot or take off the stain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pets

• Kill it lol

That's why I don't have pets.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Try renting a steam cleaner and get the pet solution to get the odor out. After that I would probably have the cat checked if its an older cat and peeing on furniture. Make sure it doesnt have some sort of kidney issue or whatever.

Answer by gemgem at 4:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'm sorry but cat pee is the worst- the smell is almost impossible to get rid of. If the vet says there's no infection, maybe you can keep it isolated to the basement or something. I dont know how old your cat is, but this may be a sign it's time to put it down. I know that's a heartwrenching decision, but it may need to be considered. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i did bring her to the vet they found nothing wrong with her. ( 300.00 later ) sigh...were would i rent a staem cleaner? least one that isent huge ( like homedepot lol )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have two cats. One has that behavior problem...steam clean it as soon as it happens.
    Its funny though my cat that likes to pee everywhere I got mad put him in a crate and HE loves it. I found out by the vet he was looking for his "personal" space.
    We have two cats two different liter boxes and every time we turn around we have to clean out liter boxes. Then the cat that likes to pee on my couch & very where else we "have" to buy him special food from the vet Grr...but the crate does help. We let him out when we are home. But when we go out and go to sleep he goes in the crate. He actually likes it
    If you cat pees everywhere and lot like my cat use to talk t o your vet asap he might have a peeing problem like my cat did. We had to change his food
    Good luck
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 4:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• cats are nasty for this very reason
    Anonymous

• we have had her for 8 yrs now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Peeing is either a sign of illnesses ot a behavior problem, here are some reasons a cat will do this:
    -Owner leaves to go on vacation or starts working long hours and isn't around as much as usual.
    - New pet is added to the household.
    -New family member (such as a baby) is added to the household or guests visit.
    - Loud noises outside, such as construction, people or animals fighting, thunderstorms, or fireworks.
    -Redecorating-sometimes even moving furniture can do it.
    -You name it-cats and change do not get along!

If there has been change or even if there hasn't in the family be sure you are providing the essential care.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Daily needs:
    Food
    Water
    love-intheri way.
    play
    excercise.

HEALTHY FOOD. I do not reccomend store brand foods these are slwo killers and can cause tons of health problems including early death.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• some local super markets rent them. tops in ny rents rug dr's for 20 a day.
    LoveMyLos

Answer by LoveMyLos at 12:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2011