What kind of TV do you have in your kids room?

DS b-day is next week and we have decided to get him his own TV. Now, I was against this since he is only 4, but I haven't slept thru the night in 4 yrs bc he is scared of the dark. I have tried many things, but the sound from the TV plus the lights help him sleep, so I am giving in.

What kind did you buy for you kids?

momofone221

Asked by momofone221 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The Christmas before last my mil got all the kids their own TVs. They all got 32 inch flat screens.

Answer by gemgem at 4:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• He 4 yrs old he "doesn't" NEED a TV in his bedroom.
    Put some soft music and a soft night lite in his room.
    Wow I can't believe a 4 yr old having a tv in his room
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 4:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Wow! well, he is not getting that lol.....
    momofone221

Comment by momofone221 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Sorry, no TV in my kids' rooms- not even the older ones. (personal choice) If you are really sure you are going to do it tho- then get one that has a timer so it will go off at a certain time to make sure he's not up half the nite & of course the parental blockers so he doesnt see inappropriate shows. Maybe one w/ a DVD player so he can watch his fav movies & you can watch your own shows. Hope he has a very Happy B-day :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• bmwlover-my son is hyper active with anxiety issues, if this calms him to the point where he can actually sleep, then that's what's going to happen. Lack of sleep can cause a lot more issues than having a TV in your room.
    momofone221

Comment by momofone221 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• If he's going to have a TV on while he's sleeping, you will be wasting a lot of electricity....not to mention creating bad sleeping habits. But if you are set on this, try a very small flat screen.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 4:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• bmwlover how nice to see you are not judgemental geez

Anonymous

• Well it's not in their room but in one of their play rooms. It is a 50 inch. We might get them a smaller one in their own room later.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 4:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No tv in my child's room either.

A night light would be a much better choice if fear of the dark is really the concern.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My son is almost 2. He has a simple tv in his room. He doesn't even watch it very often, but I don't see anything wrong with it at all unless they are just glued all the time. It is more of back ground noise for my son. His is a 13 inch mickey mouse tv...I really don't think young kids need anything real fancy when it comes to tvs and such....This is the exact one my son has...                                                            http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Mickey-13-Classic-Color/dp/B0001NE534/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1297372541&sr=1-2 

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011