Didnt know i was pregnant and now i feel guilty

I found out I was pregnant at 3 months and was taking vicodin and prozac once a day. I had to ween myself off the vicodin bringing that to a total of 4 months taking it. Blood work came out good at the doctors but i still have the fear that something could be wrong. I also bleed at 3 months pregnant

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 2:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oooh, that sucks. I wouldn't worry too much, though. As for the guilt..... it's not worth the stress, IMO. I did a lot of things I shouldn't have before I found out I was pregnant. I felt guilty, too, but all you can do is keep your baby as healthy as you can from here on in. Eat right, get enough sleep, take your vitamins, etc. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• I am sorry that you have this to worry about. Let's hope that all is OK. You and your baby are in my prayers.

Answer by Bmat at 2:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You can't blame yourself for that. You did the right thing by weening yourself off of it. Now that you know, you can monitor what you take and discuss it with your doctor.

I know of another woman who was taking vicodin on and off through her pregnancy. Her baby is perfect.

I found out just before four months. I was getting all kinds of shots through the military. As well as drinking. My son is perfect.

Best wishes.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 2:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Thank you so much
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 2:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008