Not In The Mood! adult content

How do you tell your DH you're not in the mood ,tonight without making him mad or upset?

pswiley

Asked by pswiley at 4:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• i tell him i'm not in the mood but like yours he gets mad then i cry then he feels like an ass. so that might work for your hubby!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• If my dh is in the mood and I'm not I usually promise it later and something extra special! Or, there are times I tell him I'm just not in the mood and he works extra hard to get me that way lol. But he never gets angry or upset, disappointed maybe, but never mad.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• just tell him. if he gets mad, then he needs to deal with it.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Fall asleep! lol -NO, but he should be able to be a big boy & handle the word NO from time to time w/out having a tantrum. If not, then you have bigger problems than not being in the mood. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I simply tell him I'm not in the mood.

Neither my husband or I get upset if the other isn't in the mood. We both understand and accept that we are both human. That there are times that we are: tired, sick, not feeling well or just simply not in the mood...

If it was a situation in which one of us wasn't in the mood on a regular basis. Then that would be an issue that would need to be addressed. For one to consistently not be in the mood, there would most likely be other factors involved/influencing that feeling. There is nothing wrong with not being in the mood now and then, we are all human it's to be expected and is totally normal. However, not being in the mood more often than being in the mood, would not be healthy for my marriage and we would have to have some serious talks and work out whatever the reasons behind not being in the mood were.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• If I'm not in the mood all i have to do is tell him & he understands. But most of the time I'm in the mood.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 4:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• well just be honest & tell him that your not in the mood cause you had a long day & tired
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• tell him nicely...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Is this a frequent problem?
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 10:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Not all the time but, 7 yrs. ago in the beginning we did it everyday and now I've gone thru menopause and u know what happens. The desire is about gone but, I try when I don't he gets pissed and pouts and goes to bed and I stay up. I don't think some men ever grow up!
    pswiley

Comment by pswiley (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011