All this calculating and waiting is killing me.

This is not so much a question as an observation of my life:

I hate all this waiting to test! I almost wonder if it would be better to just not keep track and just let it happen. Trying to figure out ovulation and counting days and URGH. I was so much happier when I wasn't doing this.

On the other hand I know it increases our chances... where is the balance? I need to find the balance!

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• While I know it gets said often enough....but when I stopped charting and testing that's when I got pregnant with my son. With my daughter we weren't even trying, but we weren't not trying either.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We were doing the not trying but not avoiding thing before but I was still charting. This is only our second month "actually trying" and I'm already over it.
    angelm523

Comment by angelm523 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• For me, I decided after a few months to just keep track of my cm as I am fortunate enough to always get the watery or eggwhite cm. The month I decided to just go by my cm and not worry about doing OPK's anymore, that was the month that we got pregnant. I guess I had also just decided to relax a little as we had been TTC for the past 4 months. It isn't that with this frame of mind that it instantly means you will get pregnant right away but I believe that my change in how I looked at this and that I had relaxed a bit, enabled us to get pregnant that month. Does that make sense? I am anxious again as we are TTC again and we are only on month #1 of trying so here we go again! It can control your life so you're right in feeling that you have to have a balance. I found that taking time for DH aside from babymaking was important. Date nights in or going out as well as spontaneous (not planned) sex is great too! LOL!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 7:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I did the trying but not trying and it still took us 3yrs now am currently trying again for 6mts and its doing my head 2
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 9:09 AM on Feb. 12, 2011