Calzones--

Today Rachel Raye made Calzones in the waffle maker.
She used rolled out pizza dough and filled it with parm, ricotta, mozzarella cheeses and basil and parsley and ham or whatever and put in waffle iron.

Looked Fantastic.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 4:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We learned in girl scouts to use a bread/toasting iron to make them too. Just stick it in the coals & flip it. You could use any type of 'bread' tortillas, ect...even a foil covered brick to weigh it down. The cheese will 'seal it'
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I haven't seen it done on a wffle maker. My son got a panini press from his inlaws for Christas..I know they didn't have much luck making calzones with that.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I hate Rachel Ray...and I am also not a fan of calzones because I cant stand ricotta cheese. Give me a stromboli, any day!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I love making calzones, so easy! I change up my meat/veggie/cheeses based on what I have on hand. I typically heat up a bit of marinara sauce for dipping, too.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011