How can I dress up a naked Pork Loin?

I have a defrosted pork loin and I would like to oven roast it tonight, but I don't have much in the way of exotic spices or marinades. Any suggestions?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 4:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• insert some garlic cloves in roast, add some crushed black peppercorns, salt , a little oregano, basil,whatever herbs you have on hand. roll the roast in that and brown all sides in a skillet then roast in oven until done. We're having the same thing tonight and thats how I always make it.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Whenever I roast pork I always dump some apple juice over it then salt & pepper it.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Smother in BBQ sauce and bake. YUMMY!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Do you have any oven bags? those are terrific. You can do the loin, potatoes, carrots, celery, onoins, parsnips..whatever veggies you like all at one and all you need is a bit of salt, fresh pepper and garlic powder. Sunday meal worthy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• This is super easy - spread a whole grain mustard on top of it and roast away. It is surprising how good that is.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Italian dressing is always good, so is honey mustard or honey dijon, i have used apple sauce before and it was quite tasty- although pretty sweet.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• bacon and onions
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• MMM, lots of nice ideas. I may try the mustard one. Thanks :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Well, you've probably already cooked and eaten this, but I buy pork loin all the time. Last night I rubbed it down with a garlic/sage/maple syrup mixture and wrapped it in bacon. That was nice. I can never go wrong with the olive oil/salt/pepper/garlic/thryme/rosemary mix. That goes SOOOOO well with anything!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 8:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• BBQ sauce or lemon/butter/herbs (what's on your spice rack?)
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2011