Not exactly the way they thought it would be?

Link text

So, what do you think comes next?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope but it is another example of Obamas inadequacy.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• More protests. I'm just guessing, of course.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Carpy- how does Mubarak not taking Obama's advice reflect poorly on Obama? Is the US supposed to step in and rescue everyone and get in every dispute with the army and start a whole new war? If he did that then you would be complaining about how taxes are just going to go up to support the troops.

What happens next? More protests, violence and anger until one side backs down or the country splits.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Mubarak sure read him the riot act in his speech and the VP certainly made everyone else out to be "bad" people only out to hurt Egypt.
    Egypt "used" to be our ally. What the hell did Obama mean by People would once again love America when he became President?
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• That was just Obamas big a@@ over inflated ego steph.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

***

I'm not exactly sure what Obama was supposed to do....but you see, I'm not a recipient of the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE, so I would need to defer that infinite wisdom to Obama!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Carpy- how does Mubarak not taking Obama's advice reflect poorly on Obama?

Because Obama is poor at foreign relations. He needed to back Mubarek. to prevent another Iran developing. Obama supported a 20% voice of the Muslim Brotherhood. I challenge you to give me the name of a country that had a 20% radical Muslim voice in it;s government that did not become a Sharia law state within five years. They have been a stable ally of the US and Israel, to jeopardize them would be a disaster for the world.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My confusion comes from our very own PBO. He said that the Egyptian people had spoken............well, when his own countrymen spoke in opposition to a huge entitlement, he was deaf. Why can he hear them and not us?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Why can he hear them and not us?

I would like to know the answer to that as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011