Kids valentines day stuff

so, today started with me being broker than broke! and my oldest brought home a note that said that they were having his vday party on FRIDAY!!! he looked dissapointed at the thought of not being able to bring anything, so i racked my brain all day! ended up finding these little printouts, about the size of business cards, valentines day style! printed some up on some card stock i found in the office, punched holes and tyed some white, red and gold ribbon on them. going to run to the dollar store and get maybe 2 packs of vday pencils to attatch them to. also printed out some cute printable vday cards for the teacher.

I AM PRETTY PROUD OF MYSELF FOR BEING SO CREATIVE!!!

so what kinds of things do your kids for vday at school??

itzmyzoo

Asked by itzmyzoo at 5:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I sucked it up and bought the stupid 'mail box' with card board valentines in it for the class. $3.50 at Wal-Mart. I might go get some suckers from the dollar store to tape on them later this evening.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• awww!!! those were cute!!! i wanted to get the princess one, just for me! (i dont think my boys could appreciate a princess one!)
    itzmyzoo

Comment by itzmyzoo (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We make up treat bags every year. I got 40 of those little treat bags and a couple of bags of candy from Sam's Club, and had the kids each pick a box of Valentines. Each bag will get 4 or 5 pieces of candy and a Valentine card, signed by each of the kids.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• lol. We got the Toy Story 3 one. I was sent to get Kung Foo Panda but I did see any...anywhere!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My son picked out the wild animal ones with the halographic images. They are cute but TINY. I got Vday pencils to attach to them. I also have to bring a snack for his party on Monday. He is so excited though so I guess it is worth it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I bump you for being so creative!!!!! Awesome job!!!

We homeschool so I am of no actual help ;-)
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 5:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have three girls and one wanted the dum dum valentines, the other choose the sweethearts all ready in bags, and the youngest choose priness ones. Yours shoulds good and who does not like homemade things. I needed your help when asking for crafts for valentines day party. LoL. Any good advice can pass on for other holidays like easter,etc? Let me know and keep coming up with good ideas.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2011