Vent... spoiled surprise.

My husband is so sweet, but his surprise got spoiled.

There was something I really wanted from a specialty boutique recently - and I am sure he got it for me for V-day. But how do I know this? That's what I need to vent about.

The store sent him a thank you note and I checked the mail! I am so disappointed. I go in there often enough that they know me and my hubby (plus they keep computer records to track this kind of stuff)... Wouldn't you think they would wait until after holidays (like Valetine's) to mail something like that?

I didn't open it but I know what is is because the envelope says thank you and it came from them.

So, I put all the mail back in the box and will let hubby go check it when he gets home. That way at least he won't know his surprise got busted.

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Shopping

• Surprise!!!! lol
    Anonymous

• LOL start practicing that SUPRISE face

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 5:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would make a trip to the boutique and let them know to wait to send the thank you .... I would be pissed.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yep, time to fake a surprise look. I hope you can do it?

Answer by louise2 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

I def agree that you should call or go to the boutique. They prob didnt even realize it and who knows how many other surprises they spoiled! lol Sorry you found out but its no biggy and sometimes this crap happens. A surprise is a surprise. So you got that part! No its not Vday but it was a nice gesture and gift. Hope you enjoy it =)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Last time my hubby sent me flowers, they called to ask if they could bring it the next day instead and since I was the only one home, of course I was the one who answered the phone. Yeah, no surprise.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• He brought flowers home tonight because he wanted to surprise me and he knew if he waited til Vday the surprise wouldn't be as cool... For the record this is the first Vday I have EVER celebrated as an adult. The last two years while I was dating/engaged to hubby I was out of town and grandad was so ill and I told him I never celebrated. This year he told me he wanted to and I said OK...

I was so happy for the flowers. I am going to show all of my appreciation of the other gift and just not say anything about being surprised. I don't want to lie - but the excitement will be high enough to cover :)
    angelm523

Comment by angelm523 (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I called today instead of going in and just let them know. They apologized. I was disappointed though, I expected them to sound more like they were really sorry. I guess that's life :)

Now I am on pins and needles waiting for my gift!
    angelm523

Comment by angelm523 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• face to face may have gotten a different reaction
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2011