Nova sure

Just wondering if anyone has had the Nova Sure treatment done and what you experienced.... My doctor recommended this procedure for me and I have read a bunch of negative things online about it.....

tdawn_21

Asked by tdawn_21 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

Level 4 (-22 Credits)
  • I had a hydrothermal ablation done in 2009. My doctor offered both the Novasure and HTA. The Novasure can cause some problems that HTA can't, and it doesn't burn all of the tissue unless your uterus is perfectly triangular because the mesh can only burn the tissue it touches. HTA used boiling water that can reach all of the inside surface of the uterus.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I had it done probably 5 yrs ago and have not had a period since. Absolutely no problems at all. I had mine done on an outpatient basis but I have heard it can be done in the office. I have a friend who had it done and she has lighter periods and less pain but still has periods.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Did it hurt? I have the option to have it done in office or at the hospital... she said that it would be up to me depending on pain tolerance
    tdawn_21

Comment by tdawn_21 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I was knocked out for mine, and it was really easy. Some light cramping afterward, but nothing major.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011