Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is gross but I sweat a lot

I have self diagnosed myself with hyperhydrosis (sp). I sweat a lot under my arms. It could be 20 degrees outside and I am sweating. I have tried every deodorant out there. Anyone else with this problem? It is totally driving me crazy. Even I could get it to stop happening as often would be enough.

Answer Question

Asked by nurbabe82 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

Level 8 (232 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • I hadn't heard that name before, but I'm the same way. It really sucks

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • yeah i sweat like that too. i have a huge problem with it in my feet. it could be freezing but my feet are sweating and gold bond doesn't even work. my pits sweat pretty bad too. unfortunately for ppl like us the only real solution it botox :(

    Answer by momofone725 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • I heard about the botox. Wish I could afford it b/c I would totally do it. Its good to know I am not the only one.

    Comment by nurbabe82 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • My underarms sweat a lot and if I wear boots, my socks will be wet when I take my boots off. I use Degree with something and orange blossom. It helps more than anything else. I used Certain Dri or whatever it is for a while but my back and face started pouring sweat so I opted for sweaty armpits instead.
    I have no good advice but you're not alone. Oh, I did notice if I wear looser shirts that weren't snug on my arms, it wasn't AS bad. Needs ventilation lol.

    Answer by dmdblleb at 5:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • dont know if you have tried it but there is a stronger antipersperiant on the market. and if you go to the doc they may be able to give you a perscription deodorant.
    dove clinical protection is the antipersperiant i was thinking if you havent already tried it.

    Answer by laura970 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • I am currently using the Secret Clinical Strenght kind and I want my money back lol b/c it didn't help either

    Comment by nurbabe82 (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • Go to the doctor and get medically diagnosed. They might be able to do something for you.


    Answer by louise2 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • I diagnosed myself with that but only with my hands and feet. It's very embarrassing at times. I hate shaking hands with people.
    I heard a while back that people go get Botox shot into their wrists and it doesn't happen anymore. I wonder if they do that with under arms?

    Answer by that.cassie at 5:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • To that.cassie: they do but its not covered by insurance I don't think. My old supervisor use to date a plastic surgeon and he didn't except insurance for the shots.

    Comment by nurbabe82 (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

  • i have the same trouble with the sweaty pits it didn't start unill after i had my DD. anyhow i use pespirerex you put it on at night befor bed. you use it every night for the first week or two and then once everyother day. i got down to only twice a week having to use it but i still need to use the daily deorderant i tried all that other stuff and your right i want my money back tooo lol

    Answer by Mommabearofone at 9:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Nova sure