Is it okay?

to take the allergy pill bendril for my allergies it does make me tired. but i was just wondering if its alright to take while pregnant or if others have taken it. thank you:)

bebejizzy

Asked by bebejizzy at 5:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I was pregnant I was NOT able to take allergy pills and I have horrible allergies. Talk to your doctor about what is safe to take. Now that the pseudoephedrine isn't in them, you may be ok. Ask first though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Its best to check with your dr first. When I was pregnant my dr said that any form of Tylenol was ok. Tylenol PM is basically tylenol with Benadryl. I was allowed to talke it.

I found this in Ehow.com

Benadryl Use in Pregnancy
    According to a 2005 study published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Benadryl use by pregnant women increased from 1976 to 2004. The drug is in pregnancy category B, which means that studies in animals at five times the human dose have not shown harm to fetuses but that no studies have been done in women to confirm safety. Therefore, Benadryl can be used when necessary during pregnancy.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Your not allowed to take any medcine really, talk to your doctor and see if there might be something you can take.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• okay thank you girls!
    bebejizzy

Comment by bebejizzy (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i was told for my sinus or cold to take like straight robintussin no robo ph or sinus ph anything that doesnt have antihistomean in it. if that dont work let ur doctor know and they will get u something to take
    gadget9588

Answer by gadget9588 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Check with your Dr. Ask for a list of medications that is safe to take during pregnancy. I thought benedryl was one of the ones that was safe in moderation, but then again, my last was in 2009 so things could've changed. Funny that I finally see this question...I cleaned out my son's diaper bag and had the medication list still folded up in the side pocket lol. But yes...check with your dr and see if he/she will print out a list of meds safe for you to take. G'luck!
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 1:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• had my docs appointmen t today and she gave me a big list of meds i can take like suddafed and stuff like that. so thats a plus!
    bebejizzy

Comment by bebejizzy (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2011