Does the cashier check your carton of eggs?

I always check my eggs before I put them in my cart to make sure they aren't broken.

Couple of times I went to one grocery store (not my normal place to shop, I go there once in awhile) and the cashier checked the eggs too. Good practice probably, so the customer doesn't leave the store with a carton of broken eggs and comes back and complains.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Shopping

• WE always check our eggs before putting them in the cart and the check out person also checks them.Doesn't bother us at all.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• no but that would be nice esp for those times were i forget to because the kids are acting up.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I was a cashier in a grocery store for over 10 years and I never checked eggs.....I think our money dirty, beef or poultry juice and other germs on our hands is enough to make us touch your food as little as possible. As a customer, when I check eggs I lift them to make sure they didn't crack and leak on the bottom, I wouldn't want a cashier doing the same and spreading things even more.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It depends on the person. I never checked until recently and never had a cracked egg/. Now that I started checking I find them all the time! lol What a coincidence haha. At CVS where I live the one cashier always looks at dates. Whether its vitamins, medicine, refrigerated items or anything else with a date. I love it! Especially since sometimes I dont think to do it!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• This is a funny question, because I bought eggs yesterday, and for the first time EVER the cashier checked them for me. I always check them so this annoyed me.
    Anonymous

• We always check our eggs, too, but I've never seen a cashier do it before. It would be a good practice though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i always do it myself, i don't think it is the cashiers responsibility.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I always do it, but around here, they always check as well.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I check our eggs and the cashier always opens them when I check out. Good pratice That's WAL-MART for you.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I was a casheir at WM for 2 yrs and never checked them- I figure it's up to the person buying them to check them ;)
    I always check when I get mine!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2011