Calling all skinny people!!!!

What do you typically eat on an average day? And what are your portion sizes of those food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Breakfast - bowl of cereal, piece of toast or cup of yogurt, some sort of fresh fruit, and juice

Lunch - sandwich and a side or some fairly balanced meal

Dinner - hopefully a balanced meal (usually meat, a side, and a veggie, and a glass of milk)

Snacks - minimal, maybe a sweet or something after dinner
    Anonymous

• What do you consider skinny?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• PS - Normal portion sizes I guess - I don't measure them
    Anonymous

• I consider skinny, people in their normal weight range, as opposed to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I consume between 1255 calories ( my BMR) and 1945 calories...my maintenance weight. I weigh out my food on a food scale. I lost 57 lbs in 9 months to hit my goal weight of 110 and a size 0. I hit my goal weight in September 2010..
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 6:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Ok well...

First breakfast - fruit...usually grapefruit or melon
    Then I work out...I usually run about 8 to 10 miles, kickbox or do pilates
    Second breakfast - 1 egg and 3 egg whites topped with salsa
    Lunch - Usually some sort of lean protein and salad or veggies of some kind
    Dinner - Is whatever we feel like eating that night

I snack throughout the day on baby carrots and hummus and sometimes I get into the kid's goldfish stash.

I also usually drink about 3 to 4 cups of green tea every day with honey. Other than that I drink water.

After the kids go to bed I will have a glass of red wine.

I would estmate that I consume around 1800 calories a day.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• im a sahm and usually will wake up and have a large glass of water and a cup of coffee. I eat about 9/10 after all the kids are in school or closer to 11 if I went for a run that morning. Ill have veggies left over from the night before and some meat from the night before (yes Im the human garbage disposal). I drink water through out the day. And often have a treat of club soda.

Ill have a mid after noon snack of cheese and fruit.

then a healthy dinner about 6:30/7

Im 42 and have noticed that my appitite has decreased over the last couple of years.... even when Im training for a race (10K- half marathon). NOw this isnt to say I never have pig out days.... I have about one a week.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• This answer isn't going to be the same for everyone - your ideal caloric intake and portion sizes depend on your personal height, weight and metabolism. What someone eats to maintain 118 lbs at 5'5" could put someone who is 5'7" and 250 lbs into starvation mode and have your body rebel against weight loss. You should be looking into determining your own personal BMR, (and raising it with more activity), and then determining how much you should eat to meet your BMR, lose moderate amts of weight weekly (no more than 2-3 lbs), and still fuel the activity you'll be doing to raise your BMR.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2011