I'm from a different state then my fiance and his two children. I want to go home for Christmas and I want to spend it with him and his children to, but its probably not going to happen because of the bio mom and her still not being used to the idea of me. How to cope?

Do I stay with him and his family, even though his parents really don 't want me around and his childrens mother is not used to him not being with her and me being around their children. Or, do I go home to Kansas by myself and just let him hang out with her and the kids along? Jealous is what I am and she still loves him. So how do I cope with being alone on the holidays without my fiance and him spending it with his ex and their children and being a happy little family without me being involved. She would win.

new_stepmom2

Asked by new_stepmom2 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• girl. why would you allow your fiance to be with his ex during the holidays? so what if she is not used to you. she doesnt have to be used to you. she is nothing more than the mother of his kids. and thats all she needs to be. stay with your man, and if his family dont want you around oh well. your with him not them. when you guys get married are you going to allow this to happen then? you need to put your foot down and let them know that not only are you here. but you are here to stay.
    NATTY567

Answer by NATTY567 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Can you invite your family to spend Christmas at your house with your new family?
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• no i have a very large family in kansas and my fiance and i travel. he works i don't. but "homebase" is in tennessee and my family can't with the holidays. we always have a huge holiday celebration back home. and we don't have a house in tennessee together. he has a log cabin which is right next door to the bio mom and kids and we can't stay there because she can't bear the idea of me around. its so stressful!!
    new_stepmom2

Answer by new_stepmom2 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008