What is a good punishment for my 7 year old misbehaving at school (not listening to her teacher/coach)?

cutiepie0908

Asked by cutiepie0908 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wouldn't that be up to the teacher?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would let the teacher or school punish her.

Answer by louise2 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I agree with a talk with the teacher. BUT what she does at school should show consequences at home too. You are right by being concerned and wanting to take action. I personally would put her in some sort of activity that teaches discipline. LIke Karate. She will learn real quick to respect authority and will be able to take out her frustrations at the same time. GL!!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• And by couch to do you mean a sport or cheerleading? Is it something outside of school? I would have her suspended from the sport until she can act respectfully. Even if its just a few practices or games
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• coach* lol
    Steph319

• Thank you for all of your suggestions! The principal talked to me and said that I should have a parent-teacher conference and come to her class a couple of days to monitor her behaviour.
    cutiepie0908

Comment by cutiepie0908 (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Good luck! Just be sure to not let her know that you are there! She may be a diff kid when she knows that Mom is watching. My dd is 4 so I dread all of this stuff! lol Let me know how it pans out!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have no idea how you are going to not let her know you are there. I would start by talking with her about why she was disrespectful. Then I would discuss why it is important to do as she is told and to be respectful. I would then talk to her about ways that she could improve her behavior and ask her how she was going to correct this problem and what she was going to do to show the coach that she can improve her behavior.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• If it were my son.. he would be first coming home doing home work, then spending the rest of the evening doing chores around the house till bed time. I would also see what his teacher would think he needs to do to make up the time that he wasted in class. If that means doing work for her after class or during recess, then that would be fine with me.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Why not ask her what a good punishment would be for her not listening to her teacher. She will be harsh on her self, so you can modify
    it so that it wouldn't be quite so harsh.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011