How do I know if my 9 year old is being sincere about being able to see ghosts? Is it ok that she's also so interested in learning about ghosts?

cutiepie0908

Asked by cutiepie0908 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Maybe you can research children's mediums. She may have a gift and you'll have to talk to someone with similar senses to find out. Start googling! GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I love that show Simplicity!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Thank you for all of your help. I will definitely look into it because I have experienced seeing ghosts too since I was a child. It might be funny to say this but even though I have experienced that before part of me is still a bit skeptical.
    cutiepie0908

Comment by cutiepie0908 (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I've been able to see spirits & ghosts my entire life. However I can't know if your child is seeing them or making it up. BUT, I encourage you to encourage and support your child's ability, even if they are making it up. IF they are really seeing these things it can be a bit scary because it can make you feel quite alone. IF they aren't really seeing these things it's obviously a ploy to get attention, so give it to them. If you would like to chat some time, feel free to message me. I've lived with this gift my entire life and may be willing to give you some support in this matter...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It's perfectly fine for her to be interested. Every child has a different interest in things.
    Even if she's not genuine about it and is just goofing around there's no harm in it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• my daughter told me she seen something in our home i told her she imagined it. she said no mom i did not. my sister seen the old woman to. i no longer tell her that. i know we have spirits here. i figure if she knows she won't be scared. and she is ok with it they both are but i tell them not to tell others as a lot of people do not believe.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2011