How do i make homemade bread

i need a recipe to make homemade bread

Kara_mommyof5

Asked by Kara_mommyof5 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Go to Ehow.com and type in the specific bread. I have found tons of great ideas and recipes from this site. And its not just cooking. Its anything you want to learn how to do. GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Mother Earth News Magazine: www.motherearthnews.com has several articles with instructions on baking breads...based on the No Knead bread method
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Looks like the abv gals gave you some good suggestions so I'll bump you. All I ever did in past yrs was from scratch, or just my own ingredients. Good luck, it's delicious.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• This is my favorite homemade bread recipe: French Bread (makes 2 loaves) Can cut recipe in half.
    In large bowl add: 1¾ c warm water, 5 tsp yeast, 2 tbls sugar, 2 tsp salt, 2 tbls butter, 1 cup flour
    Mix well. Then add more flour (3-5 cups) a cup or two at a time until you can knead it. Knead until soft. Put back in your bowl and let rise for 20 minutes. Divide dough into two sections. Take first section and roll it out until it is a 8x12 rectangle. Starting at the top of the dough roll it down (pretty tight) into a loaf. Then pinch the seams so it doesn’t unroll and tuck the ends of the loaf under. It should resemble a slightly smaller French bread loaf. Place on a cookie sheet or a jelly roll pan. Do the same thing with 2nd section of dough. You can cook them on the same pan. Let rise until you are ready to cook (20-30 min. is usually good). Cook at 425 degrees for 13 min. Brush with butter and cook for another 2-3 min.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 7:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have a recipe that I use and it turns out pretty good. 6 to 7 cups all-purpose or bread flour
    3 tablespoons sugar 1 tablesppoon salt, 2 tablespoons shortening, 2 packages of regular or quick active dry yeast(41/2 teaspoons)
    2 1/4 cups very warm water, (120-130 f), 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, if desired.
    1) In large bowl, stir 3 1/2 cups of the flour, the sugar, salt, shortening, and yeast until well mixed. (desolve the yeast in hot water first)
    Add warm water. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping the bowl frequently.
    Beat on medium speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently.
    Stir in enough remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, to make dough easy to handle.
    2) Place dough on lightly floured surface.
    Knead about 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy.
    Grease large bowl with shortening.
    Place dough in bowl, turning dough to grease all sides.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 8:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It would be easier for you to email me to get the rest of the recipe : dgarrett061@yahoo.com
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 8:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I follow the recipe on the bag of whole wheat flour - sooooo good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I bake the No Knead Bread from Mother Earth magazine and it's never failed. Delicious!
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 11:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2011