I need a healthy oil and vinegar dressing?

Do I just put oil and vinegar together, or do I add other stuff? I'm trying to come up with a healthier dressing for my salads!!

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 6:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette :

1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup yellow miso (soybean paste)
    1/4 cup chopped green onions
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
    2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
    4 teaspoons canola oil
    2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
    Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Stir in green onions and the remaining ingredients.

Note: Refrigerate vinaigrette in an airtight container for up to five days; stir well before using.

Yes, you have to add other things in it. I am not sure what your taste buds prefer, but mine LOVE this one. Good luck!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Make your own! Get some jarred minced garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, parsley. Add what you know that youll like! GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I LOVE to mix (all to taste) salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, mustard, honey OR oil, vinegar, raspberry preserves (or puree w/ a touch of sugar depends on the season)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My family is Italian and we grew up eating oil and vinegar on all our salads. The way we dressed a salad was to sprinkle salt and pepper on the salad, and then just pour some vinegar (put your fingers over the spout if it comes out too fast) over the lettuce, guessing about 2-3Tbsp. Then you do the same with the oil (olive oil), maybe a bit more than the vinegar. Then you toss the whole salad. The thing that makes it is the taste of the vinegar- so you need a really good vinegar. I like the red wine vinegar from Trader Joe's or balsamic vinegar. Of course, adding other ingredients is great too- this is just a basic dressing.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2011