Sharp pains

My husbands truck is broken and he works 15 hours a day, he has my vehicle and is at work. I wanted to ask before I freak out and have to find someone to take me to the ER. I am 31 weeks pregnant and having sharp stabbing pains in my stomach. They're like 2 inches below my belly button. They were concentrated to the left side this morning, and now seem to be more towards the left side. I've been eating normal (maybe even a little more than normal) and have had a lot of water today. I have been having a KILLER headache for 3, almost 4 days and was supposed to go to the doctor today but they are closed due to the snow and I can't get in until the 15th. Are these normal pains or should I be worried? Thank you all for your help in advance.

ARast

Asked by ARast at 6:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sounds like braxton hicks to me... ( fake contractions) call ur ob jsut to make sure though
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You should always be concerned about sharp pains. You should call your doctor and have him advise you.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would call your doctor to be safe...it could be braxton-hicks or maybe even a UTI or round ligament pains...
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 9:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I gave in and went to the ER! They are braxton hicks contractions just really painful! On the brightside, the baby is in position and my cervix is really low! Everything is closed and I'm not dialated! Her heartbeat is great! Thank you all for your help!!
    ARast

Comment by ARast (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2011