Are your children overweight? WHY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Nope. My kids just had their annual check-ups and both of them are perfect in regard to height and weight. Their BMI's are perfectly normal. This is actually the first time my daughter hasn't been underweight. She never eats enough to keep a bird alive. The doctor was pleased that she is finally a healthy weight.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Nope they take after me & took my metabolism. But if they ever did become overweight I would definitely seek help weather it be dieting,exercising etc.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• nope, my daughter is perfect!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No, they are not. My oldest was a little chunky around 9 and 10. This could have been an age thing, or it could have been her love for sweets and bread product - sweet bread product specifically. Haha.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 7:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Nope. My 20 month old is the in the 50% for his weight and his brother 11 year old brother is under average for his weight and always has been.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My 2 older children are not they are very active and into lots of sports. Right now my youngest is because she just came off steroids, which she had been on for 6 weeks. She has been getting sick off and on for the past 5 months and has been in and out of the hospital. Steroids was the only thing that made her better, although it made her gain 15 lbs. She will more than likely lose this weight and go back to her healthy weight. If she gets sick again, we will talk about different treatments because we will not keep her on steroids.

I must say that I would rather have a DD that is 15 lbs over weight and healthy verses one that is sick and doesn't know who I am.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My son is chunky but going through puberty so once his height and weight catch up with each other he will be fine. HIs doctor is not worried and neither am I. I hope the catch up is gradual or I will have to purchase a new wardrobe.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My kids are grown now, but no they where not over weight. My daughter is 19 and pregnant and tries to eat right so she doest gain too much weight.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My daughter is only 2 1/2, but she is perfectly normal. She was a real butterball her first year and ever since then she has been evening out.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• No my kids are all a healthy weight for their height and body type. My 16 year old is 6'4" and is 160 lbs he is very physically fit and I give the evil glare daily to women who are checking my boy out. My 9 year old is 5'3" tall and 84 pounds and my 7 year old daughter is 4'8" and weighs 64 pounds. I took all three kids to the doctor last week for physicals so these are their current weights. They are all tall for their age but my husband and I are very tall.

They are a healthy weight because they eat a healthy and nutritious diet and get proper exercise. 

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 11:09 AM on Feb. 12, 2011