Vday gift for hubby...

This is our first Vday married, and also the first Vday either of us has ever really celebrated (long story)...

He told me a while ago that he would like to "have valentine's day" and I was OK with that. He brought me flowers today as an early gift and I know (because the store goofed up) that he bought me another gift that is very special and something I have wanted for a while (a ring).

Can anyone make suggestions for something I could give him - other than myself, lol. He already has me :)

I am completely at a loss.

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• It's tough buying for a man as most of the typical gifts wouldn't be much appreciated (chocolate, flowers, jewelry, etc.) Since you haven't mentioned a budget, I'm assuming you have access to money one way or another. A watch, or techy item is always a good bet. The problem I have with my SO is that he can just get himself whatever he wants, and typically does. I've started giving him "the gift of the experience" - for lack of a better term. Most recently it was a gift certificate for the kayaking trip he had been discussing, but never got around to - for two. Find creative ways to present "the experience" (i.e. miniature kayak in a quality, nicely wrapped box with brochure and all). Turn "I don't know what to get you" into "I want to spend time with you doing new and exciting things". That's how I get around it. Haha.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 7:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Depends on the guy. Is he into video games? cars? hunting? My husband is into cars. He loves his car(sometimes more than me, i feel) so I bought him personalized plates with his alter ego racing name on them. lol
    BrookeKRod

Answer by BrookeKRod at 7:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Those are both good ideas. Money (within reason) isn't an issue... I need to think of a good activity!
    angelm523

Comment by angelm523 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I know you said anything but yourself, but my experience tells me men are much simpler than you think. Romantic night together. You are the present but in different wrapping....or if you really want to get something, a nice watch with personal engraving
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• What about giving him flowers, a nice dinner, and after wards if he isn't to full of food maybe a nice massage with essential oils(rose oil, with a bit of lavender mixed in to relax him).
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 10:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011