Sleepless baby

My son is 9 days old. And he'll fall asleep fast and peacefully in my arms. But the second he goes in his crib he cries. I've been trying to let him "cry it out" but it isn't working. He's swaddled nice and tight. But he still, doesn't sleep.. Someone please help.

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He doesn't need to cry it out at 9 days. I would keep trying to put him down each time he falls asleep, eventually he will get so tired that he will sleep. I always put mine in their crib awake, but very drowsy with a small blankie that smelled like me (wore it under my shirt while they were awake) and a heartbeat bear (white noise machine or soft classical music might work too). They might fuss for a minute, but never long and they weren't screaming.

Answer by missanc at 8:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• keep trying eventually he will go to sleep missanc had some really good suggestions
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 9:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It maybe gas. Try to give him some infant gas relief drops or gripe water it worked like a charm for my new little one. Now i am about to do it all over again :) congratulations on your bundle of joy!
    mika0101

Answer by mika0101 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• He's a normal newborn. Anyone who gave you the idea that you could put them down at anytime was WRONG. Get a sling and let him sleep.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:07 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• dont let him cry it out hes still so little.he was inside of u allt he time and all of a sudden he has to deal with new sounds/smells/environment.He's probably cryin for mommy :)my boys HATED to be swaddled,dont ask me why they just did lol my first born was a picture book baby no problems, my second one is 3 mos old and sleeps in a travel bed next to our bed just so he's near.he sleeps in there but not in his crib...funny. Good luck and be patient,patient,patient..i have to remind myself to be patient :)
    Davina85

Answer by Davina85 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Somehow , don't ask me how. I got him to sleep in his crib by himself. YAY ! (:
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• here is a article 5 simple ways to settle a newborn baby. i hope you find it helpful

shirl16

Answer by shirl16 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011