Does anyone else experience this?

I have a strong intuition. So much it's weird. I can read people and feel what kind of person they are right away. It often makes me feel like an outcast. I can't read minds, but I feel other people's energy and spirit more so than other people. I also have dreams that speak to me in the most obvious ways. Example: My son was at school and I turned my phone ringer off to take a nap...I woke up from a dream that my son was being bullied and I saved him from getting beat up! I woke up, looked at my phone and I had one missed call from the nurses office. My son was sick and I went to pick him up. Now isn't that weird? This stuff happens A LOT to me!!

mamastyles

Asked by mamastyles at 7:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I believe you can sense what type of a person someone is. People give off many clues as to their character. I also believe that we sense when people we love have a trauma.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I had a dream the night before my boys' father was discovered dead of an accidental od- that he died due to a faulty furnace. I have since had 3 dreams where he "visited" me to let me know he's ok. I have had other dreams that were like messages or warnings. So much so, that friends & family tend to take them seriously now.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You are an empath....I am exactly the same way. It's a gift....you can embrace and it will become stronger.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• How do I embrace it?
    mamastyles

Comment by mamastyles (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Never ignore those feelings you get. Stop yourself when you are feeling something about someone or a situation. Act on it if you can, by calling someone if it involves them. Write it down at that moment. Lean into it, so to speak.
    Don't push it to the back of your mind when it's happening.
    I'm still learning to strengthen it within myself...sometimes it waxes and wanes of it's own accord. WHen it rolls around, I am fully open to it.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have it , but not as strongly as you do. You must be a sensitive. Try not to feel like an outsider, you have a very special gift. Embrace it.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 8:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'm like that too.I don't like it much,it gets overwhelming at times.I've learned to shut myself off,but then people think I'm unfriendly or shy.It's just how I protect myself.I can literally feel other people's pain,both emotionally and physically,and it gets stressful to me,so I just try to block it out for the most part.I have to,or I can get physically ill because of it.If it's a "gift" I mean no disrespect,but I'd just as soon not have this gift placed upon me.
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 9:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No, it isn't weird...you are just very sensitive to certain things....I can usually feel and see pain on people as almost a color...I absorb the stress that people emanate and sometimes it makes me sick...Most of the time, I can pick out people to stay away from, but when I have felt guilty about it, and talked myself out of trusting my gut, I have been burned....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes to the dreaming part. It doesn't happen on a regular basis, but when it does, I pay attention. I have had several prophetic dreams and, so far, they have been right on the money. Usually they are about me. One time it was about my son. Even though other people are in my dream, the dream itself rarely has anything to do with them.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Like sahm said, you're an empath. I'm empathic too though not nearly as much as you are. And yes, I understand about feeling like an outcast and also how it can be a bit scary at times. But it's a very valuable tool, especially when meeting people. You get a feel for them right away, so you know who the ones are that you should steer clear of. Sahm gave you some really good advice. I think it would benefit you a great deal to pick up some books on it, because embracing it is great, but you also need to learn how to shield yourself when you need to.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011