Speeding up your labour

i am almost 38 weeks. by the end of next week,i do hope i will go into labour. how can i speed up my labour naturally? what can i do?
have you done anyting to help your labour start and progress faster?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh lawd!  Get ready crouse3.  Okay, so I've been told walking, sex, spicy foods, etc.  None of those worked for me but maybe they will for you!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I've heard castor oil works but YUCK
    DACIA79

Answer by DACIA79 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• go walking at night with hubby
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Go to your nearest healthfood store and ask about primrose.It worked for me and was safe and natural.
    Mommy1234321

Answer by Mommy1234321 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Sex and walk alot
    spanisheyes552

Answer by spanisheyes552 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Why do you want to?
    What makes you think you should, are you having complications or preferring convenience?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I tried everything in the book (sex, walking, caster oil, primerose, etc) and nothing worked for me. : ( Good luck though! If you find one that does work, let me know so I can try in a couple weeks. : )
    Brittany1286

Answer by Brittany1286 at 2:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have tried everything as well and nothing worked for me I had to be induced with both my boys.. But good luck and I hope you find something that works for you bc I know that close to the end you just want it to be the end and have your beautiful baby in your arms
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My friend was told by an elderly latino lady to boil hot water and one cup of cinnamon drink it! She had tried castor oil and walking and sex before but the one day she did the cinnamon trick, 6 hours later she was in LABOR! Amazing right?

I don't see the harm in trying it at this point of your pregnancy because it's not like you're only 8 months. You're basically ready to have the baby so a little forceful action won't hurt?

Goodluck! If you try it, let me know if it works! I'm 8 and a half months pregnant and I will attempt it if im 38 weeks.
    ohprettymommy

Answer by ohprettymommy at 3:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Oh and dont do castor oil, it didnt work for anyone i knew. they said it was nasty or they felt sick after so thats a NOOO
    ohprettymommy

Answer by ohprettymommy at 3:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2011