Do you celebrate v-day?

If so, how long have you and your s/o been together?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 7:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Holidays

• Last year was my SO's and my first Valentine's Day together. I told him I didn't want to ignore the holiday entirely, but that i didn't want to make a big deal out of it, either. We took a bottle of wine up onto the cliffs over the beach and watched the sunset and had a really nice time chatting and, well, doing other things. It was perfect. No pressure to find the right gifts, get a reservation at a nice restaurant, or to do the exact same thing everyone else is doing at the same time for the same reason. I'm hoping for somethng similar this year.

Any other serious ex I've had was always just waiting for what I was going to give them without putting any thought or effort into it themselves. It was a little disheartening.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 8:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• no we do not.....I believe in showing love year round...I dont need "a" day to remind me that I love him and vice versa......we have been together for 12 yrs now.
    Manetta

Answer by Manetta at 8:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• yes, we have been together for amost 3 years. We celebrate it as a family as a celebration for Love. We don't go all out and when the budget is low, some special sweets and homemade cards
    ConnectHearts

Answer by ConnectHearts at 8:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• 14 years. We celebrate our love.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No. My Husband, myself, and Our Son show Our Love and how grateful We are for each other EVERY day, so really - Valentine's is every day in Our House. But We don't consider it that, just explaining why We don't do V-Day. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We celebrate it as a family thing. I like to decorate in red, pink, and white, make something fun for dinner...usually buy everyone a little gift...We've been married for 26 years...I never liked it as a romantic, put-pressure-on- my -husband to buy the "right" thing sort of day....sometimes he brings me flowers and would always include a smaller bouquet for our daughters and chocolate for our son...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I don't, it's a Hallmark holiday. Sorry, been single much too long.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes we do. Last year he bought me a 1 1/2 kt diamond ring. This year he said he was going to get me a 3 kt. I'll have to see it to believe it. We have always celebrated it and with our girls too. Even if they are adults, we still get them something. Of course they still expect stockings at Christmas and Easter baskets!! DH and I have been together 16 years, married for almost 11. Our girls were 8 (his) and 4 (mine) when we got together.

dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Eh, we get a pizza and call it good. This will be our 10th V-day together, I think.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• no. never really did
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 10:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2011