Do you have one?

My MIL was sick and we went to visit. My SIL and my husband's aunt was there. (MIL's sister). Anyhow, dear Auntie is into some sort of belief system that believes in transferring energy from one person to another.

I don't believe in such things - and she knows this. She's always trying to get me to do some kind of exercise with her and I never will because I told her that I believe it's disrespectful to my own beliefs for her to keep trying to pull me into this.... (I respect everyone's religion - but not when they keep trying to force it on me)..... so anyways.....

She corners me and my SIL and try to get us to go in and pretend to rub our palms all over MIL's "aura" while she's sleeping - saying that we will transfer our health and energy to MIL.... SO dear Auntie starts running her palms all over my " aura" and I'm standing there looking at her right in the face. (She already knows what I think about this- so this is just another time when she's trying to force me into it) ANYway, I'm standing there looking her in the eye while she's rubbing my aura and talking about how "strong" my energy is...... In the perfect moment, right when her hands were near my face I went
"BOO!" She screamed so loud it woke MIL up.

Me and SIL laughed so hard we thought we'd pee ourselves. Dear Auntie laughed too but then said she gets the picture and won't force me to do this anymore. I thanked her and excused myself.

So, now the word in the family is that I have a little mean streak in me -- and that's okay with me.

Do you have a little mischievous/mean streak in you? Ever got you in trouble.

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 7:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• This may have been a good way to handle it. I do not see a mean streak. I see a sense of humor.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Lmao! too funny :D
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 8:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I don't see it as mean ... I thought it was funny.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• LOL! The scene you described keeps going through my mind and I can't quit laughing! You don't seem mean at all,but someone who'd be a blast to be around.
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 8:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You and I could hang out and get along GREAT, lol. I have a mischievous side, for sure - and a mean streak that shows when necessary!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter  Oh, I love it.  Hilarious! Sometimes you just have to wake people up.

ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 10:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• That is too funny and yes I sure have a mean streak and mischievous side. I have a horrible temper when I am pushed too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• OMG!!! I'll be randomly thinking of this and laughing for the next week!! You would so fit in with my group of gal pals!! As for my mean streak...she gets me into trouble now and then. I'd be lost with out her...,

dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think that was awesome, got your point across finally and it was funny too. Not mean at all!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 6:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011