If you have had a tubal ligation ... (might be TMI) adult content

Can you go through my list and see if any of this happened to you?

11-11-09: I had my tubes tied while they had me cut open for my emergency c-sec with our 3rd child. (he was born at 25 weeks)

12/09 - 12 /10: my period is off every month by a couple days but its the same length with normal bleeding.

1-8-11: started exercising to lose weight

1-18-11: started my period right on schedule, but it was shorter and lighter. (lasted 2 and a half days instead of 4)

1-20-11: Mood swings pick up (still continuing), light cramping feeling, mild headaches (almost daily)

2-2-11: started light period, light headed all day

2-3-11:light headed in morning, nauseous in morning, later in day bleeding got a little heavier.

2-4-11: bleeding goes light, light headed is picking up, mild nausea in morning, fatigue.

2-6-11: light bleeding stops

2-7-11: Fatigue (still continuing)

2-10-11: craving ketchup (which is weird I hate ketchup), nauseous during lunch, light headed a few times (but had just stood up and really fast those few times)

I know no one here is a dr. but I called mine and the earliest they can see me is Tuesday and won't offer my any advise until they see me. I am just wondering if anyone else went through these symptoms and what was the outcome for you?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 7:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• I just had one done this past Tuesday so I will bump you. Hope you get your answers.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Never went through those symptoms. My period is still the same I have headaches but that is probably due to the fact that I am on steroids. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Thank you very much! I do not believe I am pregnant so I am just trying to put my mind at ease about what could be wrong.
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I can't really advise since I had my tubal ligation 9 months after my son was born. It took a very long time for my periods to regulate after both my children were born. All of this could just be hormonal changes. I think you will have to wait until you see the doctor. I hope you feel a little better tomorrow.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It's ok TY :-)
    JAJA_Steele

• Are you taking vitamins? It may be just your hormones I am quite sure they are still out of whack.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have been taking a flintstone vitamin daily for the passed year. Just saw my regular dr. in November and had the complete blood work done. Everything came back great. This is why I am stumped lol.
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Tubals can bring on early peri-menopause or even menopause. It could be that! But pregnancy is a slight possibility, there are several ladies here on Cafemom that have gotten pregnant after tubals!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Wow the thought of peri-menopause is scary, but thank you for your answer. I suppose anything is possible :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• my mom had a tubal and she got pregnant in her tubes. They had to abort the baby.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2011