Any wiccans around to help me with a spell(For deceased loved one)

If your going to hate or talk BS go away.

I have a spell here that asks for soot and pink wine that i dont have. I dont even know what Soot is. I want to do a spell to honor my great grandma. its been 11 years today. I have Black, orange, white candles, her picture in a frame, pen, paper and incense. Anyway i can send her a message showing her we are thinking of her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Soot is just another word for ashes. you can get them from burning something, though usually soot is coal ash. and pink wine is inexpensive and not that hard to find.. are you over 21?
    mysticlady1221

Answer by mysticlady1221 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes im 27.. Thanks for the help. Once my husband gets home from work im going to go buy a small bottle of wine :) its been 11 years since my grandma died and i just want to honor her and let her know we never ever will forget her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• usually honoring the dead is done around Samhein. is there a particular reason you are doing it so early? out of curiosity
    mysticlady1221

Answer by mysticlady1221 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I just wrote its been 11 years shes been dead. I always light a candle on her bday, the day she died and the day we buried her. whats so wrong with that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Lol nothing, don't be so defensive. I was just curious darlin. Its easier to communicate with the spirit world when the veil thins, that is my only reason for asking. There is nothing wrong with wanting to let your grandma know you are thinking about her. Good luck on your spell!
    mysticlady1221

Answer by mysticlady1221 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You will need a white candle, to represent the deceased. Tie a piece of purple ribbon or yarn around it (this is the color for remembrance). Place her photo in front of the candle,light it, and repeat this incantation:

I rejoice that a spirit I knew and loved has completed her time on Earth,
    And returned to the One Home of us all.
    She is gone from this earth, but not forgotten.
    Gone from my sight, but not from my heart.
    Memories will comfort my sorrow, for I know that we shall meet again.

Word these emotions as you wish. Meditate on all of the things you loved about her. Extinguish the candle and store it in a safe place. It shouldn't be used for anything but the memory ritual for your grandmother.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2011