We had an inch and a half of snow last night - so no school today.

This is Virginia Beach.
We use to live in Ithaca, New York. Sometimes we would have four plus feet of snow and still have school.
How about the rest of you?
Did you have school today?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I live in NC and we had about a 1/2 inch of snow, but school was not canceled or delayed. It used to not take much to close down the schools here, but I think the state of NC has become better prepared to handle the snow and ice.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• That's a dusting here in WNY....lol my the piles at the end of my driveway are so tall I can't see the mailbox anymore. Schools did close when a predicted storm was supposed to dump over a foot, but only 7 or 8 inches fell....that normally would mean schools are open.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We had a 2 hour delay today...no snow...but the temps were too cold for the kids to stand out for the bus...we've had 2 hour delays the past 3 days so far...we'll see what tomorrow brings. We've had 3 snow days so far this school year...but the roads have to be super bad to not have school!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We only had a dusting of snow in Raleigh NC, no delays or closing of schools.

Answer by missanc at 8:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• SE Wisconsin and last week this time we got 24 inches of snow and it's been snowing on and off since. Today it was -14 with a windchill of -25, we still had school. It takes atleast 4-6 inches to cancel school here.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Schools were closed here in North East Arkansas, but they could have open late. We were out on the roads and they weren't bad at all.

dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2011