How often do you ask ladies over?

If your a sahm how often do you ask ladies you know over for play dates? if your kids are in school, how often do you have them over for brunch, coffee, etc?

For working moms, how often do you ask ladies out for lunch? To meet for drinks, coffee, etc after work?

How often do you have ladies over for a moms night in?

Or is there another activity that you enjoy with your lady friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm a SAHM, I have my best friend over pretty much constantly but she's part of the family. I have other ladies over whenever they drop in, probably around every other day. Ours is a very come knock on the door, kick back and relax with some food sort of house. I never tend to plan anything, I enjoy having a full house most of the time. Playdate wise is the same, except for arranging some things with kids from school about once a week. I also have a few children I take to school every morning that their mothers drop off early as they're at work so early.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Very seldom.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I'm a SAHM. And most of my friends are SAHM's. We tend to talk on the phone every day. Then we realized that we would actually go weeks without seeing each other. Now, we've tried to get together more often just for some girl talking time. It's really important to have that face to face contact. Even if it's just for a glass of tea and a little chit chat!
    Jmcelroy

Answer by Jmcelroy at 8:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have friends over for morning coffee and play dates about 2-3 times a week! kind of an open dorr policy at my house...if your not doing anything the coffee is brewing kinda thing and lets have the kids play! I really enjoy this and my kids do too! My daughter askingalmost every night whose gonna be here tomorrow! We do a play date or 2 once a week as well. Last weekend I went out with the girls for monthly girls day and in a few weeks am doing a girls night with another friend... its part od what keeps me sane and DH is happy to let me do this...If I am social then I am happier for sure!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I work full-time. I have lunch with my girlfriends from work pretty consistently. I'ts nice to have meals where I can eat with both hands and have an adult conversation. Play dates are harder, b/c I haven't had the chance to get to know the other mom's and everyone's schedule is so different. My daughter is 3 and we've only had 1 play date outside of family members. She gets together with her cousins maybe once every 2-3 weeks.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Not near enough. Not since summer. I see them every week at church, where we always say we need to get together, but it never seems to happen. I do meet one of my friends at the gym twice a week, but that's it.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2011