Hubbie goggling at the gym

Hubbie and I went to the gym. At the entrance, there were two teenage girls in tiny shorts, talking and laughing really loud.
My Hb and I tried different machines for workout, but I noticed that he stayed pretty close to these girls: he only utilized 1/20 of available space. Also, 4 out of 5 organs he used were near these girls.
I felt kind of hurt, cause I feel I'm nice looking, and if he's enough for me, I should be enough for him.

I told him how I felt, but he said I made up the story, and it was a coincidence that all the machines he needed to use were near these girls. He said he didn't even stare them.

I'm confused, what do you think ? Can I have imagined this ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think you were imagining anything.  If I caught my hub looking at some freaking teens I'd smack him on the back of his head.  Okay, rant over, lol.  Okay so did you actually SEE him looking at the girls babe?  Sometimes I think our own low self esteem can make us think things that men aren't really even paying attention to.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It could have been coincidental. Does he have a habit of doing this? If this is the first time you've noticed this, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. If you have a pretty secure relationsip--I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Jmcelroy

Answer by Jmcelroy at 8:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i don't think so but heck we didn't see him so it's hard to say! i'm sure that the girls didn't give him any attention and he was trying to feel younger somehow! let it go. you told him how you felt what more can you do?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• my gut reaction is - pedophile.... but that is coming from my perspective with my peer group being mid 40s to early 50s.

PLEASE tell me you are one of the young moms on this site and that he is only a couple years over the girls he was eyeing.

Anonymous

• if you mean ogle, they all do it. they can't help it
    Anonymous

• They all look. some have evolved to make it less obvious while others stay primitive. Not to state the obvious, sure it's nice to be young again, but do you really want to be that naive and stupid all over again? (sorry, for those of you who are younger, this is just a relative comparison, you'll be a wiser version of yourself when you reach 30, 40, 50, etc.)
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• He was probably was checking the girls out. I hate when my husband does that too! It makes me feel uncomfortable. Being a teenage girl being check out by an older man if they knew what he was doing they would feel uncomfortable too.
    Think of positive things about yourself you're at the gym to make yourself feel better. Just think there might be someone checking you out The more you go the better you feel and you get into shape. Try to pull up your self esteem and blast his looking out of the water.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I don't think that your imagination was the problem, it was the girls and their being loud was the problem. They were provoking him, and
    like a normal man; he paid attention to them.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 10:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Men look. Women look too! I can't say whether ot not he lied to you but if he did it was only so you wouldn't feel bad. And it could have all been in your head. When I'm not feeling great my imagination runs wild until I've got myself sick to the stomach. Don't do it to yourself! If this was a one time thing, definitely let it go
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I think if I thought my hubs was doing that I would go find some hot guys to work out next to. I am pretty sure he'd notice that immediately, and stop ogling the teeny boppers.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 5:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2011