Parents of children with aspergers. please read and help me.......

For moms out there with children with aspergers, can you please tell me what are the symptoms, what kinds of things go on, how do you handle tough situations? how have you learned to deal with it? We are still looking to adopt and I know there are some kids out there that have it, so me and my hubby would like to know whats all involved. thankyou ahead of time!

OurHeartsAwait

Asked by OurHeartsAwait at 8:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Health

• I do not understand are you trying to adopt a special needs child that has aspergers. My grandson has aspergers.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• a few of the kids we are looking at, have it, yes........we would like to be fully prepared as much as we can before we get them,
    OurHeartsAwait

Comment by OurHeartsAwait (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Asperger's is a high functioning form of autism. Asperger's Disorder is a milder variant of Autistic Disorder. Both Asperger's Disorder and Autistic Disorder are in fact subgroups of a larger diagnostic category. This larger category is called either Autistic Spectrum Disorders, mostly in European countries, or Pervasive Developmental Disorders ("PDD"), in the United States. In Asperger's Disorder, affected individuals are characterized by social isolation and eccentric behavior in childhood. There are impairments in two-sided social interaction and non-verbal communication. Though grammatical, their speech may sound peculiar due to abnormalities of inflection and a repetitive pattern. Clumsiness may be prominent both in their articulation and gross motor behavior. They usually have a circumscribed area of interest which usually leaves no space for more age appropriate, common interests.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• http://www.aspergers.com/
    TARARENEE