How can i make kids abraham lincoln costume?

ok so my wonderful 8 year old son comes home from school and i find out that we have to have a 2 page report and dress up like abraham on monday for a major grade!! i can manage making the top hat and beard but i really worried about the clothing..i have nothing and i live in a small town so there is no rental places or anything for the long coat and vest...anyone have any suggestions for a cheap and easy way to figure out the clothing?

kdm077

Asked by kdm077 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would dress him in a pair of black pants...if he doesn't have any, get some black dye....I'd dye it in a bucket, not the washing machine, too much of a pain to clean. Then, I would get a long sleeved black t-shirt and cut it down the front half way to make a coat. I'd either paint or sew buttons on the front. underneath it I would have him wear a white t-shirt that I drew and painted a collar and bow tie on.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011