Am I an awful CMer?

I hate posts that are written so poorly with bad grammar, slang/text lingo, and incorrect spelling! If I can't read straight through the post and understand what the OP is trying to say, I will not respond! I try to be more understanding if someone is using mobile, but a lot of it avoidable mistakes.

Is it so much to ask for people to have a fair amount of typing proficiency to use a social website?

wildsun

Asked by wildsun at 9:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I don't think you are bad for not reading them....as long as you are not verbally attacking the people. People come from all walks of life, different experiences, different educational backgrounds, etc. Lashing out at people for their weaknesses or mistakes is just wrong, imo.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• That doesn't make you a "bad" Cafemommer.  You aren't required to answer posts that you can't read, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No or I am too~! I hate that!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It bothers me when the whole post is written that way. If it's a few mistakes or abbreviations here and there it doesn't bother me.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No, it doesn't make you a bad CMer. I agree, if I can't read or understand the post, I just skip over it. My friend lets her 13 yr old daughter talk like that all the time. I refuse to answer any of her texts or FB posts unless she speaks somewhat properly. I told her that speaking like that makes her look stupid and she is not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Live, learn, and move on lol. It doesn't make you a bad CMer for not replying. You don't need to reply to every post and if you can't understand the whole thing...why bother. A few mistakes...no big deal, but everyone has their own standards on what they can or can't handle. If I don't see a spell check, I don't use a spell check, but the red squiggle under the word shows what I've missed and I go back and correct it if I need to, but eh...not everyone does. Some are just quick to send so they can get a reply quicker, but it doesn't make you a bad CMer.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No, I would never say anything to the person writing, exactly because I do not know the reason things are so unreadable. That's why I brought my thought here instead of into a post where I felt it was an issue, or even to a group where I had noticed it happening. I am not trying to point any fingers, but it does make my eyes cross, so I suppose I am doing the right thing in trying to avoid it.
    wildsun

Comment by wildsun (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• NO it doesn't and i'm sure they made it through the day without your response.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• S**t happens. *giggles*
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011