How old to get ears peirced?

My daughter is 6 weeks old and we want to get her ears pierced but are not sure how old she should be. Some people say to to do it sooner than later so it wont be as painful but we are not sure--what age did you get your daughters ears pierced?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old the baby is doesnt affect how she'll feel pain she just won't remember it when she gets older. I think most places say to wait until 3 months though.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• u have to wait till she gets her first month shots. also depending where u go to get it done they will say to call ahead to have 2 people avaible. my dd was 5 months the first time she had hers pierced because my mother in law does it for all the girls in the family and she came to visit her for the first time at 5 months. give the baby some tyenol before doing it also. she is going to cry for a few mins but thats it
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• About 3 months, and I'd find a pediatrician who offers the service.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I got my daughters done at 4 months, she cried for a millisecond until she saw all the people ooohing and ahhing over her. Be aware this post will bring out the bashers. I pierced my daughters ears as part of our religion, but I think it's beautiful anyway, Dont let anyone bully you out of your decision
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have 2 daughters and got both their ears pierced around 3 months old. I think that is a good age because they aren't gonna touch or play with the earrings. 6 weeks is still really tiny in my opinion I would wait a couple more weeks
    musicbutterfly

Answer by musicbutterfly at 9:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• 3 Months old :)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 9:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I was thinking to wait until at least 3 months--thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I say when they are old enough to take care of the ears and earrings by themselves. And when they can say they want it done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I did my daughters at 3 months.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We did our 3 little ones before a year old. Old enough to have their shots and hold their head up so they could do both sides at one time. It is completely a decision that you guys will have to make for yourselves. I was made to wait until I was much older and that is why I got my little ones done so early.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011