How do I make a tuna melt?

I know it sounds like a silly question, but I don't know how to. Any suggestions?

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I do it on English muffins.
    Make tuna salad.
    Toast an English muffin.
    Put the tuna salad on top of the English muffin.
    Put a slice of tomatoe on top.
    Top with the cheese of your choice.
    Put under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

This is the first thing my husband ever cooked for me. He invited me to his place for lunch.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I just do a piece of bread, top with tuna salad, put on a slice of cheese and broil for a couple minutes until the cheese is melted. Yummy!!
    NebraskaMomof2

Answer by NebraskaMomof2 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Personally I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tuna Melt by Hamburger Helper.  Or "Tuna Helper", lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I make it like a grilled cheese but with tuna salad and mozzarella

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Set skillet over medium heat. Butter two slices of bread, place butter sides down in a skillet. Add tuna to one slice, cheese to the other. Check underneath, and when it start getting golden, flip the slice with the cheese on top of the slice with the tuna, and press down a little. cook another minute and remove.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:07 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I've had them 2 way. Both started the same, with a basic tuna salad (my preference is Miracle Whip & dill relish). 1 was tuna on an open-face bun (slice of bread works) with a slice of cheese over top, and broiled or in a toaster oven. The other - put tuna with a slice of cheese or 2 in between 2 peices of bread. Butter outsides of sandwich and heat in frying pan til bread is golden (like a grilled cheese, with the tuna added in - this way is my preference).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Feb. 11, 2011