I was asked to taste a wine and let the person know how it tastes on the palet...

How do I describe wine???? I like to drink it to feel the effects, but I am not very good when it comes to describing how it tastes.
I guess I am not suppose to drink it.?.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 9:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Some descriptive word you could use are: mellow, citrusy, sweet, dry, a nice aftertaste.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Some wines are sour some are citrusy & some are sweet. You should be able to taste the difference if you let it sit on your tongue after a few sips.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 9:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Say "it TASTES like I need another sip". Continue until you reach desired effect, lol. :) Too much caffeine again.
    MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You get a taste of it when you let it sit in your mouth, you get what the previous person said...sweet sour...bitter... I think in wine tasting people are expected to swish and spit so they don't get the effects, but to get the taste, but if you're just to report to someone with an answer later...I guess you can drink it lol...give them the feel of how well it goes down.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My husband used to be a wine and liquor buyer for a large grocery chain. It's definetly an art. I drink what I like and thankfully do not have to describe what I am tasting, other than it tastes great!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have been wine tasting several times, and every time the person who is pouring always says, "just say whether you like it or not". They are so not snobby and tell you not to be intimidated by all the wine lingo. Describe it however you want. If they aren't happy they can taste it themselves!
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Whether it is oakey,berry,smoky,floral,chocolate notes to it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I should say that.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Thanks.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011