New child anti obesity plan, do you agree with it?

A new childhood anti-obesity initiative is set to become law later this year. Experts in the field of childhood obesity are excited at the prospect of curbing and reversing the out of control rising level of obesity in young children and teens. The initiative called F.W.A.T. (Feed, Weigh And Tax) is the brainchild of a childhood obesity think tank committee formed by the current administration.

F.W.A.T. creators believe that the new law’s implementation will be simple and easy to understand for parents. Through coordinated efforts of local schools and the federal government, every school age child will be weighed monthly at their school. The individual weight data will then be entered into a federal data base which will be overseen by a new obesity czar. The data will be tracked and the parents of children who are found to be overweight or obese will be taxed on a per pound basis. The tax will be added to the parent’s annual income tax and will be monitored by federal obesity agents to ensure prompt payment. While the exact cost of the new fat tax has not yet been declared, obesity experts predict that the per pound cost of the offending youngsters will fall somewhere between the per pound cost of butter and boneless pork roast.

In addition to the monthly weigh-in, schools will be expected to help with the initiative in other ways. All educators will receive special adipose surveillance training from Homeland Security. According to a department spokesman, the most important concept for all teachers to remember is that “if you see something, say something.”

Parents who believe that their circumstances present a hardship may apply for a F.W.A.T. waiver which will relieve them of any tax liability in their child’s obesity. Failure to pay the F.W.A.T. tax under the new guidelines may result in garnishing of the parent’s or child’s wages and or relocation of the entire offending family to any of several new federal Weight Re-education Camps.

More information can be found online at fwat.org.gov.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think this should be recategorized to Just For Fun!!!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Are you serious??
    I'm glad I have a skinny kid then!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• No, I don't agree with it....it's stupid because it cannot know an individual child, what is healthy for them, and deem them unhealthy if they don't fit in the box.....I think we are being governed by a bunch of control freaks, and it's getting worse and worse as time goes by....I'm all for education and making my own decisions, thank you very much.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Is it a joke? I don't like it.
    I can imagine some parents would starve their children to avoid paying a tax. Not good.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Really? I'm all for fighting childhood obesity... this just seems weird, and invasive... but I guess if it cuts down on the amount of overweight children and holds parents responsible it makes sense... I too am glad my child is skinny
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Urban Dictionary --Fwat.
    n: An expulsion of air from the vagina. Also known as a pussy fart, or queef.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• That sounds a bit crazy. I can say that I am overweight (not proud of it, but untreated depression can do that I guess), but my childen are healthy weight. I watch portion sizes and they eat very healthy for children. I limit juice, milk and they get soda of very special occasions. The love fresh veggies, yes we have treats and candy, but within reason. In the summer and (outside months) we are active and outside a lot. I just feel this is not quite the way to control. It needs to be about education and prevention, not punishment. I can see parents starving children so they can lose weight and be within healthy weight range to avoid tax. Who knows.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• That website doesn't seem to exhist, the fwat.org.gov I typed it into my toolbar and it got an error, i typed it into google and this cafemom post and an aol post came up, but nothing that was an organization or government website, are you sure this is for real and not someone's idea of a joke?
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• What are you trying to make fun of here? Overweight kids.? Anyone paying attention knows there is no .org.gov addresses.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I am thinking a joke! Or else we would have heard something about it I am sure.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2011