When do they start losing teeth?

I have an alomst 6 yr old and it doesn't seem like he will be losing any teeth anytime soon. Not one loose tooth! My daughter started losing teeth at 5 and lost about 3 and have not lost anymore and she is almost 8. Is this normal?

JayRo00

Asked by JayRo00 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Boys tend to lose their teeth later than girls. My son lost his first tooth when he was six and we didn't even know it was loose, it just fell out one day.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes, it's completely normal. My son's 7 and has just got his first wobbly tooth!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• This is totally normal. My kids did not start losing teeth until they were in 2nd grade and my DD just turned 9 and she has only lost 4 teeth. It is actually better for them to keep their baby teeth longer! The only thing I can suggest is ask the dentist the next time you go. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Anywhere from 4-8 ish. It all depends on the child. My son only lost about 6 on his own, the rest were pulled because he didn't have enough room in his mouth for the permanent teeth to come in.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My son is 7 and has only lost 5 teeth, I'm calling him The Toothless Wonder. He's got three holes in his mouth, on on the bottom and the two front on top. He's been that way for months now, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" was his song this past Christmas. Tonight I noticed that the adult tooth is about half grown in on the bottom, and the top two are about to break through the gums.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My dd turned 6 in Nov and she just lost her first tooth on Wed. I think my ds was around the same age.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 11:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My oldest son started losing his teeth at six. Then he had to have a few pulled because his adult teeth were coming in but his baby teeth weren't falling out. It was weird he had two rows of teeth on the bottom front.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 3:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yes. My kids where in school. Just like teeth coming in at different times. My oldest son had 12 teeth come in before his cousin that is a month older had his first.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2011