Should i tie my tubes after 3 kids???

i have 2 kids and having one more in june,because of re opening the incision over and over again isnt recomended,should i tie my tubes???Or is there a birth control i can take and not have to worry???thanks in advance .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That is something you should discuss with your SO and doctor. No one else can make that decision for you. There is the Essure procedure, but that is relatively new.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I would and I did, no more worry!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I concidered it. Several times. Just being careful with my dates I had been successful at avoiding pregnancy for 7 years no problem. We did have an oopsie a few months back and here we go again, I am due in May hahaha! I thought that this would be a bad thing and had feared it but now I have to say that I am so thankful to be expecting and I have been told by all of my other children that this baby will be the best present my husband and I have ever given them. I am very thankful that we made the choice to not get my tubes tied.
    heatherduve

Answer by heatherduve at 10:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Only you can decide this one.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• That is really only something that you can figure out. I wanted more than 3 so I wouldn't have got mine tied but it is something you have to figure out for yourself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• This is something you need to sit down with your SO and discuss. There are options out there to look into and research. For me, I have four kids and I'm stuck. LOL. I would like at least one more, but hubby was done at three so other than birth control, we're waiting it out for a while to be sure we've made our decision to "close up shop." If you don't want to be concerned about any previous scarring or situations that you've experienced, weigh out your options and if anything else...you do close up and decide you want another...you can reverse or adopt later on in life, but that's something you and your spouse need to think about before you make anything permanent. G'luck to you.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 1:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• 1) There should be no problem having multiple cesarean sections.
    2) Only you & your DH can decide what is right for you, with input from the doc on options & failure rates.
    3) I have a good friend who had her tubes cut, tied & burned, & then 10 years later, she got pg!
    4) If either you or your DH are firm on "No more" then don't have any more, even if one is still interested in more--it's best for all concerned that any child is wanted by BOTH parents.
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 9:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2011