Show him i do love him

how do you move foward after both partener have cheated iv cheated 3 times he cheated once. and ive come to relaize i do love him and he love me, and one been in my place with any idea to show him that im going to be fathfull. im looking into tharpy for my commitment issues. but i need to show him i trully and im full ready to put 100% into this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I am sorry, I can't think of any good advice, but I wish you well. I think if he is willing to give you time - time is probably the only thing that will make him believe things have changed.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Maybe you're going into therapy will be the first step to show him that you are really serious about your relationship with him.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 10:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• time heals
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Actions speak louder than words. Do things to show you love him- cook him dinner, give him a massage, plan dates, anything...if you put more effort into the relationship he may begin to trust you again. Be open and honest too. You are VERY lucky he is staying w/ you after cheating on him 3x, so show him you appreciate it. I'd find it hard to ignore that he cheated too though- so its a tough situation, but good luck...
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• ~*Seek Professional Help*~

Couples Counseling, Marriage Counseling, Therapy... what ever ya call it... you both need tools, communication skills, and help rebuilding trust? Most might state to give up, and in all honesty if it were me I'd find something more stable, but you are going to do what you choose to do.... which is your right! In asking for advice... Seek help
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yeah my DH cheated on me and that is exactly what i want him to do....
    I want him to SHOW me he's sorry and loves only me! I mean he says it
    all the time but i need action!
    Good Luck
    klhoe

Answer by klhoe at 11:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• i've been there and what helped more than anything is that we were both completely open with eachother and didnt get defensive when the other asked questions. when one of us left, we told the other where we were going, who would be there, and when we would be back. if there was someome of the opposite sex there that we werent aware of when we left, we let the other know, if we were going to be late, we let the other know and explained why. we never hid our phones and made the bill available to both of us. if one of us got a phone call or text, we told the other who it was and a general idea of what was said so that there were no worries. i like to drink and he doesnt, so i stopped going out for drinks and only drank at home. i made a point to regularly discuss our relationship and to ask him if there were any issues he felt needed to be addressed, specifically anything i could do differently that would make him happy. cont,,,
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 12:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• we became very affectionate with one another and made sure to compliment eachother regularly....i made a rule for myself that i would never refuse him sex unless there was a serious reason (i just didnt feel like it was not a good enough reason to say no)
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 12:27 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• You take things one day and a time. Talk to each other. Been there ( cheating on my part) and it is not easy to get over the hurt, humiliation or anger but it you want your relationship to continue to be a relationship you work at it. Maybe one day I'll tell you my story.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2011