My daughter is 5 weeks old and she has terrible bumps all under her chin and neck

and I dont know what to do for it i give her baths every other day and try to keep it dry as possible under her neck what should I do?

also should i put baby powder under her neck to dry it up or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Kids' Health

• It could just be baby acne. Its your hormones coming through. just keep washing her good. You shouldn't use baby powder so close to her face, because she can inhale the dust and choke.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 3:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It might be baby eczema. I would have your pediatrician look at it to be sure.
    jackandbensmom

Answer by jackandbensmom at 3:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My second had started developing minor acne, I stopped using anything around his face, like lotion or wipes anything that can cause irritation. Instead clean the area with a warm rag. If worsens contact your Pediatrician.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It also could be a form of a yeat infection. It is very common for our chubby babies to get them under their creases including their chin and neck where when they drool it is warm and moist where yeast loves to thrive. I would do the baby powder and also talk to your pedoiatrician about a cream you can put on it. Also if dust and food get trapped in the neck line like it does my baby, make sure you clean under and around the neck with a warm wash cloth and then dry.

One way to prevent this rash is to keep lots of bibs{terry cloth ones are the best} handy and switch them out. Or just change the shirt every time it gets damp. {It could be from teething as well.}
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 2:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Could be heat rash. My kids, when they were infants, would get bumps on their face, around their neck, and sometimes in the crook of their arm, when they would get too hot.
    LilyBee

Answer by LilyBee at 12:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2008