What do you think about this quote? It doesn't matter what happens in your life. What matters, is how you feel about what happens.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 10:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Religious Debate

• When I see quotes like this, I can't help but think of optimism (half full) or pessimism (half empty). The quotation, to me, refers to how one handles their situation. One that gets upset easily, for example, only brings harm to themselves (stomach aches, nervousness, anxiety, etc). One that handles each situation with a smile and forgiving attitude, tend to be more carefree and happy (IMO).
    Dreamlander

Answer by Dreamlander at 10:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• We control how we feel, respond and react to things in our lives. Positive thinking is so important to our daily lives, health and well being. I always say theres a positive to every negative.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I couldn't agree with this statement more.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Well, imo, everything does matter in one way or another but ultimately, it is how we deal with the issue that counts, either for us or against us, imo...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I agree!! I think of Dori from Nemo! "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" lol
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 2:19 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I agree with it to a point. There are things that happen in people's lives that DO matter, and sometimes quotes like this can make people less sympathetic to anothers plight. It's always easy to say "have a positive attitude" to someone else going through difficult times, but not as easy to have that positive attitude when it's YOU going through that difficult time.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 7:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yep. It's all about attitude.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I agree with it. Good and bad things happen to everyone, but what matters is how we handle it. I definite believe in the power of positive thoughts, and that our own negative thoughts can be worst than any 'enemy' we might encounter.

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him."~Buddha
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I agree with it. Like many of the pp's have said, how we react to the things that happen to us, how we allow ourselves to feel (either motivated, defeated, etc), has a much greater impact on our lives than the events themselves. Even the greatest opportunity can end up doing nothing for us if we don't have the determination and mindset to see it through, and even the worst of events to happen can't keep us down if we choose to pull ourselves up and remain strong. What we choose to think/feel about things, the energy we choose to exert, whether positive or negative, that is what makes the difference. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yes. I agree totally. Its all about how u look at a situation.. Everything that looks bad at first may actually b a blessing...
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 2:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2011