Gaining weight in first trimester?

I have been eating a healthy amount of food and at my second visit I lost 1/2 a lb instead of gaining. Has anyone else lost some weight in the first trimester instead of gaining weight?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think it's probably a very normal thing. Probably also depends on when your last bowel movement was, etc. I'd imagine from all of the morning sickness and stuff many women probably lose weight.

I am sure it's nothing to be concerned about. When questioning it, talk to your OB.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I lost 12 lbs my first trimester I was so sick (morning sickness) as long as throughout the pregnancy you gain the recommended weight you're ok. By the time I was 20ish weeks I had broke even, but by the time I gave birth, on my due date, I had gained exactly to the tee what my Dr. had wanted. This time around I gained 5lbs the first trimester, but then lost 8 the beginning of the second. Now I'm back to gaining again. As long as by the time I'm close to delivery I've gained 30lbs, (what my Dr. recommended for my beginning weight) the small details in between USUALLY don't matter.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I lost 10lbs my 1st trimester b/c I was so sick. its not a prob as long as your healthy. GL :)
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 5:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yes, I lost wt at first--nausea kept me from eating that much. Later on, I still could be nauseous if I stopped taking the med I was on (got pulled off the market) but I gained wt then.
    I think it's fairly normal for ppl to not gain or to lose in the first trimester.
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 8:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2011