What do I do? My 2 month old has really bad cradle cap!

From the back of his head to his forehead to the top of his ears. I have been using almond oil and combing it out. Doesn't work though. Will the doctor prescribe anything for it?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 10:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Usually it does go away on it's own but it can be helpful to add some sort of moisturizer after bathing. My son had it once as a baby for a few weeks and also has it now and he just turned two. It happens.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My son had it to the point that it would bleed. I put Vaseline on it and then a baby cap. That worked WONDERS!
    Dolybye

Answer by Dolybye at 10:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• My doc had me put selsum blue (anti dandruff shampo) on a toothbrush and scub his little head with it, every day, works like a charm;)
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You can ask the doctor. I used baby oil and instead of comb try using one of those baby brushes. My son had severe eczema so he always had cradle cap!

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• That's nothing that a bath and a wet warm wash cloth cannot handle. Just scrub very gently and be consistent with it. My Mom was a foster Mom and saw lots of little babies with various conditions and degrees of cradle cap, and that is all she ever used to get it cleared up.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It's totally normal and will go away on its own.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• no it wont go away on its own.....if you dont comb it off or whatever it will stay there forever. I have 2 cousins that their moms didnt do anything with theirs and they are 5 and 9 and still have it........I always had good luck with baby oil and a baby comb but good luck!!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• olive oil and or breast milk.
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 5:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• T-Gel shampoo
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 12:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2011