Kindle or Nook

I am thinking of getting DH either the Kindle or the Nook and I was wondering what people think of them. Do you have one? if so which one and why do you like it?

THanks

cornflakegirl3

Asked by cornflakegirl3 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2011 in Shopping

• The color E-reader seems so much nicer than the Kindle. I can also say my husband had a Kindle for awhile, but it ended up breaking and the warranty was expired. Sadly, it broke pretty easily. =/ I have pretty much banned Amazon from this house, so I have to say Nook.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Good question I am wondering the same thing!
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 10:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I love my Kindle. I keep mine in the 'bookcover' at all times. I carry it with me everywhere. I am an adult so I don't require colors and graphics to be entertained. A good book is a good book. I love that I can read in the brightest sun w/o a problem. I also love the battery life and the fact that I can read from it on a three hours plane flight and never once feel eye fatigue like you get staring at a computer screen. My sister, my BFF and I all bought them around the same time in October. I have read over 20 books for which I paid for only one. All the rest were free. The only other thing I pay for is $1.50 a month for Readers Digest. My sister and BFF have still purchased no books .
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have a Kindle and I'm very happy with it. I'm posting from it now lol! I do wish it were in color but I find it so easy to use. It's lightweight and you can charge it from the wall and download books right from the device instead of having to hook it to you computer every time. I used to have a Sony eReader and I definitely like the kindle better than that one. Can't say anything about Nook though
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I believe we're all or at least mostly adults on this website. Being an adult has nothing to do with liking color or belittling others based on their personal preferences alone.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have a NOOK.

It really depends what you will be using it for. What I like about the NOOK is that you can get books from more than one place, Lend back and forth to friends and 'Borrow' FREE E-books directly from your Library (without going there). The Kindle does not let you do that, plus you can only buy books through Amazon.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 10:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• LMAO grneyed.

I have a Nook. I love it. I too do not need the color and all the unneeded extras to READ. I love the e ink, lend me, free books from anywhere, borrowing from library, Free Friday that only B&N has. Be warned it is not always going to be what you what. Sometimes they offer a book of FF that has been free for weeks or been free before, It will not be a new bestseller. If you do get the Nook, use the touch screen to swipe the pages. The buttons CAN crack. I love how it looks so much better than the Kindle also.

Shaylyn318

Answer by Shaylyn318 at 7:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Neither. I love my Kobo. Simple and straightforward, and now only $99 everyday at Borders in the US. It's wireless, but doesn't have many of the other bells and whistles. Since I only want it for reading, I don't need a lot of the other features that I already have on a computer. Also, came preloaded with 100 free classics, and they run promos and contests all the time. Here's the Valentine one: Share your love of eReading - send a free eCard and app to your Valentine. You could also WIN a $500 eGift card from Kobo. http://bit.ly/g9YXzq #win #kobopromo
    jengray72

Answer by jengray72 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Kindle is good
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have a pandigital. I love it. My dh got for me from Best Buy. I download books and surf the web in bed. No complaints.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 8:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2011